Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Single Leaf


A single leaf

Hanging bare

From a branch

In the air


A pair of eyes

Settles so

On the sight

Only they shall know


A moment of peace

A single thought

These eyes will see

In that one spot


Many come

To the exact place

Though they cannot see

Nature's same embrace


The single leaf

That time did allow

That one pair of eyes

To see somehow


Is appreciated

But not seen again

Because the one chance

Has reached its end


What do you think of this poem? Please comment on what you think the meaning is or how you reacted after reading it. I would really like to know how people percieve my personal poetry. Thanks!


(I think the meanigng is as follows: The time you have is only once, and you should appreciate the little things because you can only experience it once; and sometimes it is only you who can experience it.)


So, yes. Please leave your opinion in your comments! Thanks! =)

7 comments:

Marianne said...

I love it, Rachel! I believe it to mean that everybody sees the world differently. Someone can look at the same thing someone else is looking at and not see what the other person is seeing at all.

Rose Cunningham said...

I understand what you mean Marianne. And, um,....were you talking to someone named Rachel? My name is Rose.....

Kirthi said...

Eek! This is the best poem ever, Rose, it's so inspirational and wonderful! You've got talent, and imagination, and many of the world's best authors have done amazing with those traits. Love it!

emily said...

This is awesome! It think it means that you should treasure every little moment:)

Rose I. Cunningham said...

Aw, thanks guys! Great meaning Milli! I really like that! And thanks Kirthi! I love your super nice comments!!! =)

Brent Taylor said...

Great writing!

I have an award for you:
Great review!

I have an award for you!
http://naughtybookkitties.blogspot.com/2010/06/our-3rd-award-fuck-yes.html

Brent Taylor said...

Woooops, seems like that last comment was spam! Lol.

There's an award waiting for you here, at my blog:

http://naughtybookkitties.blogspot.com/2010/06/our-3rd-award-fuck-yes.html